Saturday, July 2, 2011

Attitude

I teach an AMAZING group of 11th grade girls at our church. One of my favorite lessons this year was on the importance of having an Attitude of Gratitude…that’s right, I said it, with finger snaps and everything.  I am aware of how not cool I am but we are still laughing about it so I guess it worked. It’s cheesy but it’s TRUE. I believe an attitude of gratitude leads to a heart of worship. That is what I desire more than anything, for my heart to be turned toward Him, Jesus The One and Only in complete adoration. It’s what I desire for you too.
Psalm 100
 1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
 2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his;
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; 
 his faithfulness continues through all generations. 

 Sometimes I just need to practice what I preach! I started my gratitude list a few weeks ago (inspired by Ann Voskamp).  Here are my recent additions…
61. Precious time with heart sisters
62. Thai Peppers Mango Curry
63. Husband's homecoming
64. Young lives forever changed, forever saved
65. Loud celebrations of freedom
66. Waving baby
67. Beach days
68. Playing pirates with my favorite 4 yr old
69. Peace from obedience
70. Wise, servant husband loving like Jesus

2 comments:

  1. Teach me how to play pirates, lol! Seriously, this gratitude stuff is life-changing, no? Glad you are sharing it with these girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attitude of gratitude~ I soo learned the power of this when I had the honor of going to the Philippines. Seeing people with nothing and they truly were happy and never complained. Can I imagine going a day without one complaint?
    Thank you for sharing Thai Peppers with me today :) I love #70!

    ReplyDelete