Thursday, October 6, 2011

Escape

Why is it that when faced with trials of many kinds we are so compelled to flee...to escape?
Why do we seek rescue instead of His presence?
Why do we hope for the relief of heaven and not His kingdom in the here and now?
Is it just human nature?
When singing "You Hold Me Now" recently, I was struck by the concept that our hope is in heaven and the relief found there instead of our hope in God being our Great God in our here and now.
This is what I heard from the Lord:
Stop running. Stop turning away from me, looking for pleasure or relief apart from me. Stop trying to hide away and escape into a fantasy world. Stop thinking of me as a guardian angel, just here to keep you from harm or pain. Stop running from me and run to me instead. Be fully present in your here, I have placed you in your now for a specific purpose and desire to be worshiped as the I AM.

So I have decided to sing "In Christ Alone" instead (click links to listen).
I pray you will be overwhelmed by the power and love of God's constant presence in your now, no matter the circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this word, Brandy. When I read this, I thought of a phrase Matt Chandler, (a preacher out of Texas whose podcast I listen to) said, "Lean hard into Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love singing In Christ Alone in the car when I'm going places, just sort of puts me in my place.

    Plus, I have been told our baby has ears and can hear now - what better thing for our future child to hear

    ReplyDelete